Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What is a soulmate?

How many of us have wondered about our soulmates?  I've talked about and pondered the idea myself many times.  It seems to me that most people have an opinion or philosophy on the subject.  But check this out, wikipedia has a definition:

A soulmate is somebody with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.  You can read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulmate

Doesn't that sound lovely?!  And doesn't it explain the human feeling of longing for that compatibility?  It can be comforting and frustrating at the same time.

Paulo Coelho writes about the twin soul concept in The Alchemist:

When two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant.  There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in that world. Without such love, one's dreams would have no meaning.

Wow.  I want the world to stop when I look into his eyes.  I want both of us to feel it, to know it and to act on it.  Have you found your soulmate?  How did you know?  I'd love to hear your stories.

And, I'd love to meet my love story!!

That's the goal here at Project Husband.....

If I can inspire and reinforce relationships along the way, I am delighted to do so.

projecthusband@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment