Thursday, February 25, 2010

About Me

I suppose I should tell you a little about myself....

As a little girl, I was always good at math.  But I always loved music.  So, I maintained excellent grades and was often a teacher's pet, and I sang and played various instruments throughout school.  But my favorite part of school always involved singing.  I realized my true passion for singing when I was in high school in Virginia and I had the chance to sing with the exclusive and a cappella group, Madrigal Singers.  I worked hard in school and was accepted into the University of Virginia.  With my math background and a CEO father, I pursued a business path.  I graduated from the University of Virginia with a marketing degree and worked for JPMorgan in New York, London and Los Angeles before pursuing life as a singer/songwriter.

It was an epiphany during an emergency plane landing that gave me the courage to quit my job in financial services.  I wanted to find my bliss, so I attended music school in Hollywood and began teaching voice.  Then, I performed, taught, wrote and lived as an artist.  I recorded my first full-length CD while studying at UCLA for my Master's Degree in Social Work. The title of my record, Attachment Theory, was inspired by my work with women and children in a domestic violence shelter.

My proudest performance highlights include singing The National Anthem for the L.A. Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers and GALAXY and the Texas Rangers and FC Dallas. Currently, I work as a singer/songwriter, marketing consultant and vocal coach. I am the Director of Chick Singer Night Dallas and Houston, producing and performing in monthly showcases at the House of Blues.

Today, I am lucky to do what I love.  As much as I love music and the people around me, I am still missing the companionship and love of a partner.  Thus, I am on my quest called Project Husband. The ball is in motion - there is no turning back now.  I have envisioned my man - so I know he is somewhere in my realm.  I just have to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment