Monday, February 22, 2010

True love

Since I was about 13 years old, I have dreamed about true love.  I've wished for it on birthdays, I've had it in my dreams, and I've only come close to it in my waking life.  Project Husband is my way of finally making true love my own.

On Saturday night, I sold merchandise at the Cary Pierce concert in Uptown Dallas.  There were 100 people in the room, and I was able to witness an intimate and fantastic live show.  The thing that struck me throughout the show was the way Cary expressed his love for his wife.  He dedicated songs to her, he talked about his adoration for her, and he sent her love throughout the performance.  It was perfectly sweet.  That's the kind of love I want - the kind that is freely expressed - the kind that is not jealous or pretentious - the kind that is simple, true and deep.

Since starting my blog, I have had one friend post my story on the Ellen show website, one request for a radio interview and three potential set ups....that's pretty good progress in six days!

Plus, as I mentioned, the venue is booked for Feb 15, 2011.  I am getting married!  Help me find my true love and groom!!!

I've set up projecthusband@gmail.com for potential grooms - I'd love to hear from you and/or potential mates....bring it on!!  Oh, and, he doesn't have to commit right away.  We can start with a date ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. So sorry I missed the Cary Pierce show. I heart Cary Pierce, and you're right, he's definitely a great example of how to show your wife you love her. : )

    ReplyDelete