Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Journey versus destination

At this point, I am completely satisfied with my journey.  I know I've set a wedding date, and the clock is ticking, but I have realized that the date may or may not work for me.  Love doesn't really have a deadline. However, I can prepare my heart and mind for it, wish for it and pray for it.

I had a great time at the Sarah McLachlan concert last night, thanks to my friend, Mandi.  And, I had a great friend date, Daniel.  He loves and plays music like I do, so he was a perfect date.  I enjoyed the music, the atmosphere and the chance to see my idol perform.

All along, I have been interested in finding the lasting connection with someone special.  I have wanted to find my soul mate and the father of my children.  Yet, when I recently attended a wedding, I wasn't dying to be the bride.  This weekend, when I heard a baby crying, I didn't feel an overwhelming desire to have my own crying baby.  Haven't you felt that way on planes when babies are crying?  That has to be one of the most painful situations ever.

Yet, I love children, and I enjoy the company of men.  I still seek the companionship and the partner for the rest of my life.  And, now more than ever, I know how monumental the decision to marry is.  No one is perfect - yet two imperfect people have to connect and decide to share their hearts.  I think it's best to let time tell.  It's best to trust the instincts of love.  And mature love replaces lust with respect.  There has to be a spark that burns for a lifetime, yet there has to be kindness and tolerance and compromise.  Those are huge adjustments for a single person!  Thus, a potential partner has to be really compelling.

Why am I saying all of this?  I am expressing my must current and honest thoughts.  I believe I will find my man in due time.  I also know it might not be on my exact timeline...

And that's okay...

Incidentally, I had a great date in Houston over the weekend with a very sexy guy.  I like him.  He's witty, smart, confident and attractive.  He is honest, and he does not play games.  Time will tell when I see him again, but I hope it's sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah M is amazing! I hope you hear from
    Mr.Houston soon too! Loving your blog.. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your journey and progress. I have to admit, I'm a little anxious about your upcoming deadline. So much of me wants some sort of miracle to happen and you actually get married on that day!! LOL, romantic comedies have gotten the best of me, damn it. Either way, it's fun to read. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, they really made me smile! Best of luck in your hubby hunt...I tell you the pickins are slim here in LA for this single chick!

    ReplyDelete