Monday, August 30, 2010

French reporter

Recently, I was approached by a French reporter who wanted to tell my story.

Here is the result:

Where do you come from?
I was born in San Diego, CA - raised in the midwest, attended high school and college in Virginia, lived in New York City for two years, London for 6 months and Los Angeles for 8 years, and I have been in Dallas for 3 years.

How old are you ?  35

What is your job ?  singer/songwriter and marketing consultant

Do you except to wed on February ? I hope so!

Why did you choose this date: the 15 February 2011 ?  It gave me a year to plan and was the anniversary of my grandparents, who were married for 46 years.

Are you superstitious ?  yes

What's your idea of a perfect wedding in ?  A white wedding - with a large bridal party, lots of family and friends, delicious food and champagne and great music!  The Dallas Bridal Show is sponsoring my wedding, including a helicopter to take away the groom and me after the ceremony.  This could be a dream wedding - I just need my man!

Describe your perfect groom for us (physical and psychological) ?  Tall, dark, handsome, physically fit, intellectual with a great sense of humor; someone with family values, integrity and a positive attitude.  I want someone who is ready for commitment and who wants to have children in the next few years.

How many men contact you ?  projecthusband@gmail.com and/or projecthusband.com

How do you select "your" bachelors ?  The ones who send me photos and videos get a closer look - a simple email is difficult to assess.  Plus I am lucky to receive quite a bit of fan mail...I often choose my bachelors based on recommendations from friends or family.

Do you feel under pressure to find your bridegroom?  I do....but I believe that what is meant to be will be.  So I'm allowing fate to work here....

Are you interested about a French lover ?  Absolutely!

What's the most romantic (or crazy...) thing some candidate ever done for you ?  The craziest was a guy who wanted to take me shopping and then kiss my feet.  The most romantic was a dinner overlooking the water at sunset, followed by a boat ride with great music and amazing fireworks - all right on the water.

There is been speculation that you've done it for publicity ?  My idea was a simple one - if I plan my wedding a year in advance, I will have to get married!  I truly want to be married and in love.  This wasn't about publicity - it was (and still is) about finding my soul mate.

What's the biggest misconception about you and your love quest ?  Some people have called me desperate - if I were desperate, I would have chosen one of the many men I've already dated.  I like to think that I'm creative and romantic, and that anything is possible.

And if you won't meet him in time?  The wedding will be donated to a couple that is ready.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And If you 're not tired of my "indiscretion " ...

I'm happiest when...I'm around music - creating it or enjoying it.

The proudest moment of my life was ... singing the National Anthem for The Los Angeles Dodgers after 9/11 - my baseball anthem was broadcast to millions.  I felt patriotic and proud.

I get angry when...people are rude and inconsiderate.

My earliest memory is...standing in front of the mirror sticking my tongue out at myself.

In 10 years, I'll be...a mom with a satisfying music career, loving husband and happy family.

My greatest fear is...being surrounded by bugs (I hate bugs)!

The last time I cried was...at a movie.  I always cry at movies.

My favourite TV show is...Entourage

My favourite singer is...Sarah McLachlan

My secret crush is...Antonio Banderas

My worst habit is ...getting behind on my laundry.

My secret talent is ...I can flick my tongue really really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment