Thursday, September 2, 2010

Firefighter double date

This past weekend, my good buddy from Atlanta was in town.  We have known each other since we were 10 years old.  Saturday night, I told her I needed a date for dinner at Al Biernat's restaurant on Monday evening.  She was the perfect wingwoman.  We bar hopped in Uptown and ended up at Sfuzzi.  Next to us sat some beautiful, buff men.  Next thing we knew, we were talking and drinking together.  My guy was tall, strapping and lovely with light eyes and dark hair.  Our group got along great...and we topped off the night with pizza at Rocco's.

I traded numbers with my guy and asked him to dinner Monday night.  He said yes....and we traded texts the following day to confirm.  My friend from Atlanta said she'd love a double date, so I made the request - Tom, please bring your friend for my friend...

Ask and you shall receive!  The boys picked us up in an immaculate, big, black truck - true Texas style.  My friend from Atlanta loved it...we had to jump up in our dresses to get in the back seats - no running boards.  Good thing we're both athletic.

At dinner, we were greeted by my friend, Victor.  The atmosphere was warm and inviting in Al Biernat's.  Our dates were impressed.  We were seated in a spacious, lovely booth, and we began with cocktails.  Victor chose an amazing Cabernet Sauvignon for us to drink, and it was heavenly.  I chose the Filet Oscar, and I think the table had food envy.  Our appetizers included baked brie and tuna tartare. The food was amazing, and the company was fantastic.  We had a ton to talk about, and my friend and I learned that our dates were younger than we had known!  Mine was 22 (about to turn 23), and hers was 23.  Both are firefighters.  My date also is studying to be a paramedic.  He is one of the warmest, kindest people I've met.  It takes a sweetheart to dedicate his life to saving others.  I felt safe in his presence.  We continued to eat and drink, and the age difference, honestly, did not matter.

We followed up the meal with delicious desserts - cheesecake (my date's favorite) and a chocolate melty sensation.  My date and I also had a glass of port...it was so decadent and fabulous!  I'm in love with Al Biernat's, and my date was lovely, too.

After dinner, we headed to the W Hotel for drinks and sat outside beneath the stars.  The outdoor lounge area is comfy and romantic.  It was so much fun to have a double date!  I'm a big fan....bring on the double dates.

All in all, it was a wonderful evening....dating with a mission is FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment