Saturday, July 17, 2010

Last two dates...

Tuesday night, I had a dinner and drinks date with John at LaGrange in Deep Ellum.  The restaurant opened recently, and the food was amazing!  We also had shaved ice cocktails...delicious and refreshing on a super hot day.  We were set up by our mutual friend, Stephanie...and again, I am a fan of being set up!  It also helps that we have a ton in common - we both love live music, we play music, we are addicted to our phones and social media.....

It was a great night - and a great way to kick off the singer/songwriter show that I host most Tuesdays at LaGrange.  John was a great date....attentive, thoughtful and interesting.  He also had great menu recommendations...I like a guy who knows good food.  He's really cute, so we'll see...!

Thursday night, I had a dinner date at Ferrari's Italian Villa in Grapevine.  What a romantic spot!  My date was Bob, who has been a friend for several months.  It was nice to have some one-on-one time with him, since we normally hang out in a group.  The restaurant was lovely...the owners were amazing to us, and their son, the chef, was gorgeous!  I love eye candy...

Bob was a perfect gentleman - picked me up, took care of the waiter, was a good conversationalist and terrific date.  We got a tour of the place, which includes private rooms, a martini lounge (great martini flights), outdoor bocce ball court and beautiful patio.  I'd go back to the place in a heartbeat.

I'm not certain where either date will lead....I do know that the clock is ticking!  Seven months remain before the wedding...realistically, I may or may not find my soulmate in that timeframe.  I am putting myself out there, however, more than I ever have!  So, if there's truth in numbers, my truth is bound to emerge!  I still feel strongly that I want to share my life with someone, and I want to start a family.  I hope my soulmate is out there - I hope I find the one who remains mutually interested and wants to start a life with me.

I've also realized that I need to have some girls' nights out - I've had so many one-on-one dates (and I'm not complaining), but there's nothing like going out and locking eyes with a hottie across the room.  That is on my radar.....I'm heading to Destin for a few days next week and will be scoping out men on the beach, as well....

This is GO TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment