Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wedding weekend in Los Angeles

This weekend, my good friend, Lisa, was married in Los Angeles.  I hoped I might find love during the romantic weekend, but I did not....

There were three bachelors at the wedding (with 200 total guests)!!  It's true that there are more single women in Los Angeles versus single men.  I'm glad I left three years ago!  :)

One bachelor was seated at my table, and the lovely couple next to me seemed convinced that the guy and I might hit it off.  When we finally got a chance to chat in a smaller group, the bachelor kept remarking about the beauty of my friend/good friend of the bride.  The three of us were standing together, and the bachelor kept talking about how beautiful my friend was....and her boyfriend was nearby!  Thus, I did not find love....not even close!

It was good to be in Los Angeles again - to connect with friends and to re-connect with an ex....if he and I lived closer, I think we could date.  But I'm not sure about the distance.

Tonight, I am so happy to be able to sleep in my own bed and to have a quiet night at home.  There's no place like home...but I still want to share my home with someone.  I wonder whether I'll find him in time for my February wedding date.

No comments:

Post a Comment