Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last night...

Last night I had a date with a really sweet and charming 35-year-old.  The funny part is that I thought I had a date with a 29-year-old I recently met.  I met Mr. 35 on Tuesday and Mr. 29 on Wednesday, and I had become confused!  Luckily, 29 sent me an email and made me realize the actual date last night was with 35....it was insane for a minute!

Ultimately, however, I had an awesome time.  I was exhausted and had to fit in a nap before the date, but it was totally worth it.  The bachelor picked me up and took me to Lee Harvey's to see his friend's band play.  As the night progressed, he moved closer to me, introduced me to some really nice friends and brought me yummy beverages.  He said things like - I'm so glad I met you, and I'm really glad you could come out tonight.....I felt the same way.  He is a kindred spirit.  He has a great group of friends, he's giving, he's loyal, and he's sweet.  Also, he is attractive.  So, all in all, he's a keeper.

The guy I've been seeing for about 5 weeks now is starting to disappoint.  He's really consumed with work, which is fine, but his work focus is excluding me.  I've communicated my disappointment with him, and he's apologized, but actions speak more loudly than words can.  I really hope he makes an effort this week.  I feel like we're at an impasse, and I really want to get through this.  I've developed feelings for him.  I've thought he could be the one...

On the other hand, I am meeting so many wonderful people through this process.....girls and guys alike.  I'm cultivating new relationships and finding that other women feel as I do - we've spent a lot of time working on our own identities - and we feel it's time to focus on being in a loving relationship with a compelling man.  I'm ready for the commitment.  I'm ready to find my man.  I feel he's out there.  I feel I deserve him.  And, I know I'd be an awesome wife!!  I am thoughtful, loving and fun....and I want to make someone happy!  I know I can do it...

As for my date last night, it was our second time hanging out, and I still haven't told him about Project Husband.  I will have to tell him next time.....but we were having such a good time, and it just didn't seem relevant while we were exploring our connection.  I think he will be understanding, but I wanted to give him a chance to get to know me a little before knowing about the project.  I'm relying on my instinct.....and I know I like him.  He's a really positive soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment