Sunday, May 23, 2010

In "Train"-ing

Wow - I feel like I'm in training to be a wife.  Friday night, I worked with the amazing Craig Alderson, personal chef and drummer for Britnee Belt, to create the perfect meal for my date, David.  I found out David's favorite foods, and Craig helped me create a meal fit for a king.  We had mushroom and gorgonzola risotto to begin, field greens with Craig's special vinaigrette and sea bass as the entree and chocolate mousse for dessert.  We paired it with Sauvignon Blanc from Chile.  Craig retrieved all the ingredients from his favorite market, Market Street.  Craig was AWESOME in coaching me to make this incredible meal!  And David seemed to enjoy the meal prep....he wore a tux for the occasion, which was adorable.  Zoe was thrilled, as she caught whatever fell on the floor.  Dora, my stylist, found me the perfect feminine dress from Melanie Gayle, and I felt absolutely beautiful.  Thank you, Dora and Melanie!!  Finally, Casey Romanski filmed the entire date and was integral in setting up the coaching with Craig.  Casey rocks. 

Yesterday, I took David to the Train concert at Taste Addison, and it was a surreal experience.  We had backstage passes, and it was an incredible live show.  Live music makes the best date EVER!  It was romantic and fun, and the time flew.

Thursday night's mixer at House of Blues Foundation Room was a success - we raised money for Be The Match and registered new donors for the organization.  We had a great turnout, and everyone seemed to have a good time....

Time continues to fly, and I continue to have a ton of fun.  Whom will I marry next February?!  My mom encourages me to be extra choosy.....I think she has a good point!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment