Monday, March 29, 2010

Dating update | it's all good....

So, I've had a 7th date with a very compelling man.......we shall see!!!  At this point, I'm pretty crazy about him.  He is a fit with my initial job spec (which is rather stringent).  He makes me feel amazing.  His smile lights up the room for me.  We are still getting to know each other, and it's fun...

I have a 1st date tomorrow night with a new friend of a friend.....he isn't my type per se, but he is positive and upbeat, which I like.

I may have screwed up a little with another date who wanted to meet but said he's camera shy.  The dilemma is that I prefer a date who is up for the public face of Project Husband, but there may be some great guys out there who tend to be more private and uninterested in the media aspect of my journey.  However, I am trying to keep an open mind (but I feel inclined to prioritize the dates who aren't scared of the camera)....I hope this particular guy (who said he is a private person) will still want to meet in light of everything.  We have mutual friends, so I want to meet him....!!  If nothing else, it will be good to have another friend.  And maybe he'd be a fit for someone I know if not for me....

Yesterday was an amazing day - busy, stressful and then rewarding, with my church service in the morning (where I lead music each Sunday) and then Chick Singer Night at the House of Blues (with rehearsals all afternoon).  The stress came from time pressure.  I was out with a date Saturday night and had to wake up in a hurry for church Sunday and then rush to the House of Blues event.  I felt so much stress and time pressure by the time I got to HOB that I thought I might implode.  Luckily, my girlfriends, Cyndie and Margie, were there to listen, let me vent and have a drink to calm the nerves.  We agreed one glass of wine would be perfect....no more, no less.  Happily, the show went well....it exceeded my expectations.  The band was amazing, as always....the singers were varied and fun-spirited...and talented!!  The first act I included in the show was waking Norman - and the acoustic trio took my breath away.  I love the full band, as well, but the trio's harmonies and energy were fantastic (out of this world).  And my date was there to show his support.....it was all good....I loved taking in the music, performing my songs, enjoying the atmosphere, meeting new people, greeting friends and sitting next to a great guy....

No comments:

Post a Comment