Thursday, March 25, 2010

My short list of "interview" questions

So, my previous boss in executive recruiting encouraged me to refine my original list of "interview questions" into open-ended deal breaker questions.  He said I should avoid leading the candidate.....in other words, I need questions that get to the heart of the person rather than to the heart of my desired answers!!  My mom and her gal pal encouraged me to be less business-oriented when asking questions, and my friend, Stacy, encouraged me to be firm in what I want.  All good advice!!!!

Here is my refined list:


What are your views on having a family/children?
How do you feel about music?
Describe your relationship with your immediate family.
How do you feel about pets?
What are your spiritual or religious beliefs?
What are your long-term goals?
What is your idea of adventure?
What is your personal view on finance and money?

No comments:

Post a Comment