Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Don't put all your eggs in one basket

The saying is a good one - don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Diversify your interests and the foundation of your happiness.  I'm enjoying the time to date and explore, and my dad gave me good advice yesterday about continuing to diversify my dating pool.

As a result (maybe just coincidentally), I have two first dates scheduled this week and another next week.  It's as if potential bachelors are crawling from the woodwork.  One guy I met on match.com sang in the same choir I did at the University of Virginia.  How small world is that?!  Another contacted me through LinkedIn.com and is a singer/songwriter with a corporate career, as well.  He sent me links to his material, and he's got talent.

Thus, my conclusion for the week is that dating requires tenacity, optimism and diversity.  Don't rush it - continue to meet new people, enjoy the connections, let truth emerge in time, and stay true to yourself.  Listen to your gut, but keep an open mind.  I've started a spreadsheet for my potential bachelors so that I can keep them straight!!  :)      

No comments:

Post a Comment