Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Project Husband | position description and interview questions

I'm applying an executive recruiting approach...I developed the following job description and interview questions.  My previous boss, who has 35+ years experience in executive recruiting, gave me his input.  My dad, a CEO with over 30 years experience, also gave his feedback:

Project Husband
Position Description

Background:

I seek a groom for my wedding on February 15, 2011.  Ultimately, I seek a man and partner to share the rest of my life.  The role requires intelligence, ambition, humor, good looks, humility, patience, high level of self-confidence and willingness to make a committed relationship a priority.  My partner will want to start a family and have children.

Requirements:

·      Baccalaureate Degree (preferred); advanced degree (a plus)
·      Age range – 25-55
·      Attention to detail as well as the big picture
·      Track record in professional and personal success
·      Unmarried or divorced, no children preferable
·      Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
·      Appreciation of small dogs (I have a toy poodle)
·      Appreciation for a family of friends and ability to create/maintain a strong group of friends
·      Thorough appreciation of the arts, music, movies, travel, fine dining, as well as dive bars
·      Ability to work with a woman in a partnership and to take the lead when necessary
·      Self-confidence (personally secure)
·      Ability to listen, establish credibility and gain confidence
·      Musical appreciation (required); musical ability and singing skills (a plus)
·      Ability to deal with a highly self-confident woman 
·      Sense of humor!!

Primary Interview Questions:

How do you feel you meet the requirements listed above?

Tell me about your relationship with your immediate family.  What’s your birth order?

Tell me about your career over the last 10 years.

What is your proudest accomplishment?

Tell me about the biggest mistake you made.  What did you learn from it, and what would you do differently?

How would your friends describe you?

Where have you lived, and what has been your favorite place and why?

Where have you traveled?  Talk about a favorite place and/or experience.

What is your opinion on gender roles?

Have you ever been married?  Do you have children?

What do you think it takes to make a marriage work?

What do you think tests or damages a relationship?

Would you like to have children?  How many?

Do you have pets?  Do you like pets?

Tell me about your eating, drinking and working out habits.  Do you smoke or do drugs?

Describe your religious or spiritual beliefs.

Describe an ideal date.

Where do you live?  Are you open to relocation?

Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

What is your view on money and finances?

Describe your ideal mate.

What questions do you have for me?

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Tks very much for post:

    I like it and hope that you continue posting.

    Let me show other source that may be good for community.

    Source: Project interview questions

    Best rgs
    David

    ReplyDelete